Monday 19 May 2014

Scrapbooks and Changes


Hello there. Look at this. I am posting. Are you proud?? :D
Sooo, first things first. I think it's time to have a little think about posts. Basically, would you mind awfully casting your eye over these questions and giving me a bit of feedback in the comments? Because I don't want to be posting what you don't want to read, because what is the point in that? OK, some questions:
~ What kind of posts do you like to see best? 
~ What kind of posts would you like to see more of?
~ Book reviews: yay or nay? Should they be shorter? Or longer, perhaps?
~ Do you like posts like my last one, where I tell you a bit about what I've been up to?
~ Arty posts: what are your thoughts? Do you like me posting my art? How about talking about other peoples' art?
~ Recipes - yes, no?
~ .... any other thoughts?
Thank you very much! :)
OK, so, onwards and upwards. Since last summer I have been making a scrapbook of general stuff: art, fashion, poems, quotations, birthday cards, tickets, momentos and whatever else I have that I don't want to lose. I really enjoy scrapbooking and I think it's a great way of keeping things you like together and presenting them in a nice way (rather than being shoved in a drawer somewhere). Today I thought I'd share the first few pages with you. 

This is my scrapbook, from Paperchase. I love that shop so much, I could just go and live there. And spend all of my life spendings on stationery, notebooks and unnecessary and adorable tin lunchboxes.
In June of last year, I went to, as you can see, the Glasgow School of Art degree show. There was some amazing stuff, especially in the design section (fine art was a bit weird and conceptual, notably with a wire sculpture of a goat holding a TV on which was playing on repeat the screaming goat version of I Knew You Were Trouble. I don't understand either.). Also it was nice to look around the building, considering it is a place where I sometimes think I'd like to study someday. When you go to the degree show you can take cards from all the exhibitions ... as I did!


Gorgeous jewellery made by Emma Campbell


Brooches designed by Lorna Annette Hey. Are these not just adorable??


I absolutely love these rings by Ailsa Whittet Ritchie.


The last of the Art School cards; those top two are part of a whole series by Gillian Stewart that made up a flipbook for a guy waking up and leaving his body. It was very very cool. Also some lovely boots from Boden. Boots that cost £129 ... but even though I can't afford them, I can stick them in my scrapbook! 

This card is not from the degree show but is from the jewellery designer Kirsty Fraser, who did a workshop in my art class at school. 

Well, those are the first five pages of my scrapbook. What did you think - would you like to see more? 

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)